Call for Workshop proposals
The Pervasive Health 2021 Organising Committee invites proposals for the workshop program of the 15th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare. The purpose of these workshops is to discuss work in progress and explore opportunities for new research related to pervasive healthcare. Innovative, high-risk frontier research ideas are particularly welcome as the main topic of a workshop.
Workshops should emphasize emerging ideas, concepts, or technologies that are currently too nascent or too interdisciplinary for a full conference but are of potential interest to a substantial segment of the health community. They should encourage information flow between all the participants, for example, through collective or small group discussions.
We therefore encourage having an international team of organizers for a workshop who are from different institutions and represent a variety of perspectives. We aim for a balanced workshop program offering a diverse set of themes.
Deadline for Workshop Proposals: 2nd of August 2021
Notification of proposal acceptance: 9th of August 2021
- Workshop title
- Abstract (less than 200 words)
- Name, affiliation, and e-mail address for each organizer
- Identification of the primary contact person(s)
- Background and Motivation: What is the overall topic of the workshop? Why is this topic of particular interest at this time? If the workshop has been organized in the past at Pervasive Health or other conferences, please give details of previous instances (venue, URL) and describe why it should be held again and how it will extend and build upon previous ones.
- Topics and scope: These should be within or close to the scope covered by the main conference, as mentioned above.
- Format: Give a description of the proposed workshop format, including the target number of participants, planned activities (such as introductions, invited talks, breakout group activities, general discussion), as well as how these activities address the workshop objectives.
- Soliciting Submissions: Indicate how you plan to attract submissions and/or participants. Tactics may include circulating a call to relevant mailing lists (indicate these please as well), publicizing your workshop at other relevant venues, and more.
- Selecting Participants: Indicate how you plan to select participants and contributions to the workshop. Indicate a program committee to help with the organization/review process.
- Organizers: Give short descriptions of each of the organizers’ background and interests related to pervasive computing and the specific workshop topic.
We aim to select a diverse set of workshops and avoid having multiple workshops on overlapping themes. Organisers of selected workshops will be asked to produce a Call for Papers to describe the workshop to potential participants and solicit submissions. In order to promote vivid discussions with more participants to the workshops, EAI will provide Workshop Organisers with one free registration to the Workshop for each 10 papers submitted to their workshop.
The criteria for assessment will include:
- Originality and technical merit of the topic
- Topical link to the main conference
Accepted and presented papers will be published alongside the main conference proceedings as a sub-section/chapter. Paper formats should, therefore, correspond to the templates of the publisher of the main conference.
Workshop chairs are invited to engage journals and further publication opportunities.
Workshop proposals should be submitted in a maximum of 4 pages in PDF format, single-spaced.
Please email your workshop proposals to the Workshop Chairs: Dr. Hadas Lewy – [email protected] Dr. Refael Barkan – [email protected] and the Conference Manager: Karolina Marcinova – [email protected]