The 17th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, Pervasive Health 2023 invites Posters and Demos that address innovative and important topics related to the application of pervasive technologies in the field of healthcare.
This session aims at reporting on the progress of ongoing research and insights into the lessons learned from current pervasive healthcare projects in a face-to-face, hands-on and more informal setting. We invite a wide range of topics and types of work including evaluations, methodologies, technological innovations, and design in the area of pervasive health. We encourage the authors to use the Posters and Demos venue as a way to open up discussions with the Pervasive Health community about their early work in progress and develop the work for future collaborations. Representatives from industry, including established companies and startups, are warmly welcome to showcase products and services that are related to the topics of the conference.
Posters and demos provide authors an opportunity to present their ongoing work, including research, prototypes, or services and products addressing one or more of the suggested topics as presented in the general call for participation. Accepted submissions are showcased during a session, within a specific day of the conference (to be decided), where presenters have the ability to interact with the conference attendees and showcase their work and technologies. Presenters are encouraged to make their presentations visually or otherwise appealing and to engage with conference attendees.
List of topics
We seek novel, innovative, and exciting work in areas including but not limited to:
- Sensing/Actuating Technologies and Pervasive Computing
- Intelligent Digital Health Systems and Interventions
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
- Identifying and Addressing Stakeholder Needs, Usability, and Acceptability
- Barriers and Enablers to Adoption of New Technologies and Care Models
- Social Implications of Pervasive Health Technology and Social Inclusion
- Patient and Caregiver Empowerment
- Digital Interventions and Health Behavior Change
- Autonomous Systems to Support Independent Living
- Clinical Applications
- Validation and Evaluation Studies
- Telemedicine and mHealth Solutions/Telemonitoring
- Chronic Disease and Health Risk Management Applications
- Health/Wellbeing Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Home-based Healthcare and Wellness Measurement and Monitoring
- Continuous vs. Event-driven Monitoring of Patients
- Smart Homes
- Activity Recognition and Fall Detection
- User Modelling and Personalization
- Decision Support Systems
- Data Fusion in Pervasive Healthcare Environments
- Business Cases and Cost Issues, Security and Privacy Issues
- Training of Healthcare Professionals for Pervasive Healthcare
- Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Education and Acquired Skills
Submission and Review Process
Please note that a shorter version of already published work is not suitable for this session.
Authors willing to present a poster or a demo will submit a short paper, maximum of 4 pages in total (including references, figures, tables, appendixes etc.) describing their poster or demo. Given the nature of the session, we do not enforce any strict format for these papers, but we expect most works to include a short introduction, a description of the employed methods and, if applicable, results.
The deadline for the submissions is October 15th, 2023. Authors should submit their extended abstracts using CONFY+ platform accordingly to the link below (you need to register in CONFY+ system at confyplus.eai.eu prior to submitting your poster):
Submit your poster/demo paper here.
All submissions have to comply with the ACM_SigConf template (see Author’s kit section). Note that submissions are accepted only in PDF format.
Papers will be reviewed by 2 reviewers. Submissions will be evaluated based on their originality, significance of the contribution to the field, technical correctness, and presentation, as well as the potential to include participation by conference attendees.
If authors desire, their short paper will be annexed to the proceedings of the main conference, but it will not be indexed due to its length. Otherwise, all submitted materials will be kept confidential (except for those that will be presented).
Reduced attendance fees can be made available for those who do not want their paper published and/or do not want to attend the full event.
15 October 2023
23 October 2023
5 November 2023
If you have questions about Posters for Pervasive Health 2023, please contact the Poster Chairs:
Dario Salvi [email protected].